We all admit that Google Chrome is one of the most popular web browsers available across devices. Whether it may be a computer or mobile phone, Google chrome is available across all verticals. One of the main reasons being the ability to enhance with extensions, sync between devices and allow multiple account logins. Hence, Google Chrome is the most downloaded software program on all the devices.
Recently, Microsoft also joined the bandwagon with Microsoft Edge which runs on the Chromium open-source project. It’s the same project which Google Chrome is built on. And of course, it’s free of cost without any penny of investment.
In the following article, we will learn how to download Google Chrome on Computers and Desktop machines. We will be also covering the Chrome download on smartphones in another article.
Let’s dive into the Chrome download —
Download Google Chrome for Windows OS
You can download the Google Chrome browser for any Windows OS versions like Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 and even earlier versions from the official site.
Follow these steps to download the chrome online installer for Windows:
- Go to Google Chrome Download site (link added below)
- Hit on [Download Chrome] button
- Verify your Operating System and hit on [Accept and Install] button
- The ChromeSetup.exe file will be downloaded in your Downloads folder
- Finally, proceed with installing the Chrome on Windows OS
Google Chrome is available for Windows 32-bits and 64-bits operating systems. Hence, make sure that the correct version is pre-populated on the download chrome dialog box.
Here are the easy steps to install Chrome for Windows 10 OS:
- Click Run to begin the installation
- If you’re prompted with permission box, click Yes on the system dialog window to allow the installation
- Chrome launches as soon as the installation finishes
That all, Google Chrome is now downloaded and installed on Windows OS. Though I have covered the steps for Windows 10, you can follow similar steps for any earlier version of Microsoft windows.
Download Google Chrome for Mac OS X
You can download the chrome browser on macOS based computers like Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Macbook, Mac Pro, etc.
Follow these steps to download the Google Chrome browser for Mac OS X:
- Go to Google Chrome official site (link added below)
- Verify if your default operating system is correctly recognized
- Hit on [Download Chrome for Mac] command button
- The googlechrome.dmg file will be downloaded in your system
- Next, proceed with the installation of Chrome on Mac
Here are the steps to finish installing Chrome on Mac:
- Open the file called “googlechrome.dmg”
- Drag Chrome to the Applications folder
- Double-click and open Chrome on Mac
That’s it. Google Chrome is now downloaded and installed on your Mac machine.
Download the Chrome Browser for Linux
You can easily download the Google Chrome browser for any Linux distribution like Debian or Fedora. Google Chrome is available for Ubuntu, Linux Mint, CentOS and many other Linux based operating systems.
Please note that Google Chrome only supports 64-bit Linux based operating system. If you are running 32-bit, then you won’t be able to install Chrome.
Follow these steps to download the Chrome for Linux:
- Go to Google Chrome official download site (link added below)
- Hit on [Download Chrome] button
- Verify if your operating system is recognized
- Select the Linux Distribution, either For Debian (Linux, Linux Mint) or Fedora (CentOS, RedHat)
- The .deb or .rpm files will be downloaded based on selection
- Lastly, install the downloaded Chrome on Linux system
Follow these steps to install the Chrome on Ubuntu Linux OS:
- Open the google-chrome-stable_current_amd64.deb in Software Install program in Linux
- Hit on the [Install] button in Software installer dialog window
- The installation will finish and Chrome will be added into the Applications folder
There are also few other community-supported Linux Chromium Packages that you can download. The steps to installation are mostly similar to the above mentioned.
Alternative to Google Chrome for Computer
Here are few notable alternatives available for the Google Chrome browser for any computer operating system.
Let me know if you’re facing any issue to download google chrome browser on any computer systems.
If you've any thoughts on How to Download Google Chrome on Computer?, then feel free to drop in below comment box. Also, please subscribe to our restoreBin YouTube channel for amazing videos tips. Cheers!