As I’ve mentioned in my earlier post about the benefits, uses, and features of Samsung Smart Switch. Here I’m sharing what all mobile devices are compatible with and also Smart Switch Mobile download links for different OS smartphones.
Though the inbound content and setting transfer is only available for Galaxy phones, however, there is a wide range of devices that you can connect to Smart Switch Mobile app. The other brands’ smartphones only connect for outbound content transfer.
You can even connect your phone with Windows machine using Smart Switch for PC software.
Samsung Smart Switch Mobile Compatible Phones
Before we download the apps, let us discuss smartphone compatibility for using Smart Switch mobile app. There are tons of smartphone available in the market and growing exponentially. It’s difficult to trace and check compatible, however, Samsung has listed out the phones and handset that can be connected and transfer the content seamlessly.
Samsung phones compatible for Smart Switch Mobile:
Smart Switch mobile support a huge list of Samsung phones, even the devices that almost manufacture in the year 2012. However, below are some of the best way to connect and use the old as well as new Samsung phone with Smart Switch.
- Applicable Samsung devices: Galaxy S II and newer devices with Android 4.0 or better for wireless transfer and Android 4.3 and better for OTG cable transfers
- Note to Galaxy S8/S8+S7/S7 edge owners: Smart Switch Mobile is already preloaded on the device. To access, tap on Settings > Backup and reset > and Open Smart Switch to open Smart Switch Mobile
Note: These are the only U.S. Galaxy devices that can be used for OTG cable transfer: GS9, GS9+, GS8, GS8+, GS7, GS7 Edge, GS6, GS6 Edge/Edge+, GS5, GS4, Galaxy Note8, Galaxy Note5, Galaxy Note4, Galaxy Note3
Other Andriod Manufacture device compatibility:
The most device running on the Andriod version 4.3 and later are support with Smart Switch. However below is the exclusive list of devices and their manufacturer.
- Coolpad: DazenF2
- Fujitsu: ARROWS NX/A/KISS/ef/Me/V/X LTE, Disney Mobile on DoCoMo, ANTEPRIMA, REGZA Phone
- HTC: J, One/X/X+/S/SV/V/M8, Proto, Butterfly, Desire X/XC/500(506e), EVO 4G LTE, INFOBAR A02, ThunderBolt, One M9, Desire 526/612
- Huawei: T8951, C8813, Ascend/G510/G520/D2, Stream 201HW, A199(China), Honor 6/6+/7, P7, P8, P8 Lite, Mate7, Maimang4, Ascend Y300, Mate8
- Kyocera: URBANO L02/03, DIGNO M/S, BASIO, Honey Bee, Disney Mobile, Brigadier
- Lenovo: A789, S720, A798T
- LG: Optimus G/G Pro/G2/G3/G4/LTE/4X HD/ LIFE/it/Vu/Vu2/L5 II/L5 II Dual/L7 II Dual/L9, Lucid 4G, G Flex, isai, isai VL, PRADA phone, Nexus 4/5, V10, Lancet, G Vista, Flex2
- Motorola: DROID RAZR MINI(M)/Razr HD/Razr Maxx, ATRIX III, Moto G, Moto X, Droid Turbo2/Maxx2/Mini
- NEC: MEDIAS X/W/ES/U/LTE, Disney Mobile on DoCoMo
- OPPO: R815T/W, R811, R7/R7 Plus/R7s, Find7/Find7A
- Panasonic: ELUGA P/X/Power, LUMIX Phone
- PANTECH: Vega IRON2, Vega Secret
- RIM: BlackBerry Priv
- SHARP: AQUOS ZETA/Crystal, Smartphone for Junior, Disney Mobile on DoCoMo, AQUOS Phone EX/Xx/xx mini/SERIE/ZETA/st/sv/si/SL/CL, NERV, PANTONE 5
- Sony: Xperia Z/Z Ultra/Z1/Z2/Z3/Z3 Compact/A/A2/ZL2/UL/V/VL/SX/GX/E/E Dual/Go/NX/AX/TL, acro HD/acro S
- Vivo: X3T, Y15S/T, Y11, X5/ X5L/X5 Pro, X6/X6 Plus
- Xiaomi: Hongmi1S, Hongmi Note, Mi4
There are no mentions of the recent brands like OnePlus, POCOPHONE, etc., but I guess even these phones should be compatible since they run on Android 4.3 and later version.
Other Smartphone OS compatible with Smart Switch Mobile:
The mobile app also supports Apple iPhones, Blackberry Phones and Microsoft’s Windows phones.
- Apple: iOS 5.0 and later (iCloud Supported Phones)
- Blackberry: Blackberry OS 7 and OS 10
- Microsoft: Windows Mobile OS 8.1 and OS 10
If your smartphone is not mentioned in the aforementioned compatibility list, then you can give a try on downloading to see any issue. Continue below for downloading the App or Smart Switch APK file for your device.
Download Smart Switch Mobile App and APK file
The Smart Switch Mobile is available for download and configures as below:
Download Smart Switch Mobile for Android OS:
You can easily download the Smart Switch Mobile for Android OS phones with Google PlayStore. Open your Play Store app and search for “Smart Switch” and you will find the below result.
This will actually help in getting to know whether your device is compatible with the current version of Smart Switch Mobile App within the PlayStore window.
Download Smart Switch Mobile for iOS iPhone:
Unfortunately, there is no Smart Switch Mobile app available in the iOS store or externally. The only way to connect iOS phones is using Smart Switch for PC or MAC.
Follow the below steps for iPhone Smart Switch to Galaxy phone
- Download Smart Switch PC or MAC
- Install the software
- Connect your iPhone device with Smart Switch
- Take backup locally on your system
- Disconnect and connect your new Galaxy Smartphone
- Transfer the content to your new Galaxy phone
- That’s all
Download Smart Switch Mobile for Blackberry
Smart Switch Mobile only support two Blackberry OS — 7 OS & 10 OS to content transfer, and also support OTG cable to connect with Galaxy phone.
Smart Switch Mobile Blackberry 7 OS
- Download [link below] the installation file
- Install on your Blackberry 7 OS
- Connect with your new Galaxy phone using an OTG cable
Smart Switch Mobile Blackberry 10 OS
Blackberry 10 OS doesn’t support any external app installation except Blackberry World.
- Connect your Blackberry 10 OS device to your PC using a USB Cable
- The PC must have the Blackberry device driver installed
- Make sure that the device and PC are properly connected and recognized by each other
- Download Samsung Smart Switch for Blackberry 10 OS from your PC’s browser [link below]
- Run the downloaded file “SmartSwtichInstaller.exe” file on your PC
- Click Start Installing to start installing Smart Switch on your Blackberry 10 OS device
Download Smart Switch Mobile for Windows Phone
There is no Windows Phone app for Smart Switch Mobile app. However, you can use Windows PC for content transfer. Follow the guide to download and install Smart Switch for Windows PC and connect your Windows Phone migration.
If you've any thoughts on [Updated] Download Samsung Smart Switch Mobile App for Free!, then feel free to drop in below comment box. Also, please subscribe to our restoreBin YouTube channel for amazing videos tips. Cheers!